Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Day 9: Building Global Learning Communities AND School Web Sites

I have seen some school web sites that seem to be designed by professional web site developers. They have full, custom graphics, animation, and motion tweens that are composed in Dreamweaver and Flash. They are amazing. I think that it is a great idea for schools to update their web sites every year and to include everyone in the development of it. I especially like the inclusion of the student body. What a great experience, to design and help build a custom web site. Teams of students can take digital pictures, organize files, and learn Dreamweaver, Flash, XML, and HTML. Then students could add this experience to their resumes, college applications and it could be something to really be proud of. We could even include parents and the rest of the professional community. I think I am going to have to mention this idea to my principal.

1 comment:

Lydia Horstman said...

It is wonderful for students to be involved with their web site development. It would make the site itself more inviting to students. I wonder how many students look at our school site now. I know I hardly do. It doesn't get updated often at all. It should be designed so that every teacher has its own site and of course include student involvement.