Thursday, June 12, 2008

Day 11: Evaluating the Impact of Technology on Teaching and Learning

I thought that it was such a good idea to have students make paper airplanes to determine the mean, median, and mode of the flights. I have many students who love to make them in class and I never know exactly how to integrate them into a lesson. Now I do. I also like the idea that the students can record the data from their paper aircraft and design graphs in Excel and present their findings with the whole class. What a great way to get kids interested in engineering. This was a such a great article to read. It really inspired me to think outside of the box when planning lessons and to steer clear of the lecture (sage on the stage) style of teaching. Finally, I thought that the following quote was really wonderful. "You learn best when you make sense and make your own meaning." :)

No comments: