Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Day 4: WebQuests

I found Dr. Christie's web article entitled, What is a WebQuest to be very useful and interesting. After reading it I began to think about how WebQuests are currently developed and maintained. It seems to me that most of the WebQuests I have seen are designed and completed using HTML. While HTML is a very useful language to design websites it is also fairly basic. Imagine if we could create dynamic, interactive, WebQuests that cater to the students interests and still deliver cross curriculum based lessons. It's really exciting to think that someday soon we will be able to develop such WebQuests. I can't wait until we can deliver our instruction with such precision.

2 comments:

Mrs. McFeely said...

I have found that you don't need to be a web designer to create a webquest. If you look at Kathy Schrock's WebQuest Page, she has links to WYSIWYG templates for those of us without HTML experience.

Erika said...

I also found Dr. Christie's article very useful especially for me that I was not familiar with WebQuests at all. When I started to learn about them a few years ago, they seem to far away for my students' ages. I teach first grade and back then there weren't that many WebQuests available for my students so I gave up. But now that I am learning again about them, I can really see my students completing one or many during the school year.